Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

Nothing to do with


art today...just Monday Musings.

I had to shake my head this morning and think "wow, what a sad state of the world when people feel they have to thank us for being honest."

I stopped at the local Dunn Bros. for coffee this morning, and when I got to the window I handed the guy a ten.  I was aware of that only because while I was waiting for the car in front of me, I was holding up and examining the ten dollar bill, marveling at the intricacy of the details. 

He gave me my latte, and started handing me back my money...a ten, four ones and some change. 

Ah....wait!!  "I only gave you a ten" I told him.  He looked a little startled and said "oh man, it's been one of those mornings, thank you for being honest."

It just kind of made me think about how honesty is so unexpected these days.  I could have driven away almost five dollars richer and with a free latte!

But knowing that I didn't, and knowing he was not out the money at the end of his shift made me smile even more than just having the fabulous latte in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment